We have too much time on our hands.

Dia 3

Matthew and I saw a spider today. And incidentally, I have a spider bite on my leg... haha no worries though, it's normal and I'm watching it. We only volunteered for a couple hours today and everything was done quickly so we got to go home early. All we had to do was hang out with some parrots, clean their cages, and get them new food. On our walk back, we stopped at a bakery. They are also a restaurant but I forgot the word for menu so I couldn't order any lunch. We just bought this flaky pastry that had a little sugar on it and that was pretty delicious. We sat at a table behind the bakery and some cows watched us eat. We also finally decided it would be a good idea to buy ponchos since we are indeed in a rain forest. Additionally, on our walk to Rainsong this morning, we heard what was either a puma or a jaguar. It sounded like it was pretty far off in the jungle but either way, it was a little unnerving. We soothed our fears by coming back to the hotel, taking a nap, and then making plantains with cheese. Yum. We have yet to meet any sea turtles and I am starting to believe we actually won't. But we did meet a very friendly porcupine today, so that kind of makes up for it. I bought a coke in a glass bottle today, and I swear it tastes much better than the soda we have in the States. There are only four ingredients in it. Matt bought a beer at 1 in the afternoon and he said it tastes like Bud Light. That's all for now, adios!

Love,
Matt and Zoe

0 comments:

Post a Comment